press sample, affiliate links
When I heard that MAC and Nicki Minaj were collaborating on another collection I was all ears. As a longtime fan of MAC, especially celeb collabs like Viva Glam, I wondered what Nicki and MAC would be up to. When I got the news that the MAC X Nicki Minaj Collection was a signature nude lipstick collection which also includes a full lineup of 24 additional nude lipstick and lipglass colors, I was all over it. It's made for us nude lip lovers!
The two signature MAC X Nicki Minaj Lipsticks come in beautiful rose gold bullet cases with her signature on them. There is Nicki's Nude, an amplified soft corally pink and The Pinkprint, an amplified mid-tone creamy pink. I absolutely love both of these shades; they apply super smooth and are quite opaque delivering a lot of color in one swipe of lipstick.
The Pinkprint looks quite peachy pink with a nude undertone on me. Does that make sense? It is pale and very full in color. I am ordering another one — love this shade.
Nicki's Nude is a soft, nude peach shade with a pink undertone on me. I am also really loving this lipstick color. This shade is as not as opaque looking as The Pinkprint, but it is full coverage. I will most likely buy a backup of Nicki's Nude; this is another beautiful color. I really love nude lip colors and when I find one that I love, I buy a few.
MAC sent me a few shades from the rest of the lineup. In total, there are an additional 24 lipstick and lipglass colors as mentioned above. MAC has even paired the perfect lip pencils to go with all of the MAC X Nicki Minaj Collection.
- PRETTY PLEASE Pale pink pearl (Lustre)
- GOSSAMER WING Dirty beige with gold pearl (Lustre)
- 2N Creamy light pink (Lustre)
- PLAYING KOI Pale clean pink nude (Satin)
- CREME D’NUDE Pale muted peach beige (Cremesheen)
- JAPANESE MAPLE Frosted light beige (Cremesheen)
- BARE BLING Light peachy nude (Amplified)
- STRIPPED Light, dirty peachy beige (Matte)
- THE RIGHT NOTE Warm sandy nude (Cremesheen)
- A GIRL’S GOT NEEDS Warm-toned yellow brown (Matte)
- PATISSERIE Sheer creamy neutral pink (Lustre)
- MMMMMM Dirty rose nude (Amplified)
- BOSOM FRIEND Sheer pinky nude with fine pearl (Cremesheen)
- BABY’S ALL RIGHT Cool-toned neutral pink (Matte)
- AGE/SEX/LOCATION Dirty mid-tone nude (Matte)
- EASY BABE Dirty latte brown (Matte)
- DERRIERE Dirty mid-tone yellow brown (Matte)
- AMONG THE FIREFLIES Soft mocha (Cremesheen)
- UNDER THE SHEETS Light nude with gold pearl
- N-U-D-E Sheer pinky nude
- PLEASE ME Muted rosy-tinted pink
- BEAUX Warm brown
- SPICE Mid-tone neutral nude
- SPITE Muted plum taupe brown
- NAKED LINER Light neutral
- SPICE Pink cinnamon stick
- STRIPDOWN Creamy brown beige
- BOLDLY BARE Dirty red brown
- SOAR Mid-tone pinkish brown
- HOVER Rich caramel brown
- CORK Muted gold brown
- WHIRL Dirty rose
I have the following from the rest of the MAC X Nicki Minaj Collection.
A Girl's Got Needs, Among the Fireflies Baby's All Right, Bare Blind, MMMMMM, Pretty Please and The Right Note. I also have the N-U-D-E Lipglass.
The lipglass is beautiful; you cannot go wrong with a sheer, pink nude shade, EVER. Among the Fireflies and Baby's ALl Right surprised me; these deeper nude shades are really nice. Baby's All Right is quite cool, but it is really nice and is the type of nude to wear in the fall and winter. My favorite lipstick out of everything that I received is the shade MMMMMM, for sure. This is described as a dirty rose nude, but it is simply a soft rose nude shade with a lot of gloss to it. It wears well and I think this one will look great on a lot of skin tones.
Some nude lipsticks are hard to pull off without looking like you are wearing concealer on your lips. This is where you need to be really careful when selecting the right nude lipstick. I usually have to go to a physical store or counter to find the best shade for me. It's much easier to pull off a nude lipgloss shade, in general. It's also easier to pull off a peach or pink nude shade and go a bit darker than you think. A lighter nude shade, especially if you go lighter than you lips will wash you out.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.