press sample, bought by me, affiliate links
I love the winter... said no one EVER! Well, maybe you do, but you can count me out. The bitter cold and everything that our skin, hair and body have to deal with just because of it are not fun. The red noses, chapped lips, dry skin, frizzy hair; I am certainly not a fan. I depend on a whole slew of products to get me through these neverending cold winter months. Check out my top ten favorites. I think you might be just as obsessed with a few of my finds as I am.
1. Murad Nutrient-Charged Water Gel - If you slather on the lotions, creams and potions to try and soothe your dry skin but nothing seems to work, try this innovative cream. This is actually an extremely lightweight gel that is INTENSELY hydrating. It actually locks moisture into the skin and increases moisture retention for up to five days. It's oil-free and makes my skin feel outright amazing. I don't have to layer on heavier creams anymore.
2. Origins Ginger Souffle + Body Scrub - This is a twofer that my body depends on in these cold winter months. I start with the dreamy smelling Smoothing Ginger Body Scrub to soften my dry skin. I then slather on the Ginger Body Souffle Whipped Body Cream. I simply love the whipped texture and scent of this body cream. It leaves my skin instantly soft but it quickly absorbs so I can get back into my warm clothes fast.
3. Warming Moisturizing Mitts - I slather on one of my favorite hand creams (I listed my top fave below), wrap them in plastic wrap and use these cozy heated hand mitts to really put that cream to work.
4. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration - This is my go-to cream for keeping my hands hydrated and soft throughout this cold winter. I have the huge tub on my nightstand, but I also have the mini in my purse and my desk.
5. L'Oréal Paris Elvive Total Repair 5 Repairing Shampoo + Conditioner - I don't know what it is about the cold, but it does so much damage to my hair. I have been using this Elvive dynamic duo to get my hair back in shape as it helps to rebuild the five visible signs of damaged hair— split ends, weak, rough, dull and dehydrated. When used together, the protein and ceramide-enriched formula have brought my hair back to life.
6. Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Humidifier - A humidifier is essential to keep that balance of moisture in the air in the dry heat of winter. I keep one in my bedroom and in my home office. I love this one with its soothing LED light (you can select the color or have it cycle through the colors) plus it has an oil diffuser adaptor so you can add in your own essential oils to turn your home into that spa-like oasis. This one is larger than others that I have had and diffuses and humidifies larger rooms. You need to purchase the oils separately.
7. Sephora Collection Hand Mask - More help for dry hands here with an inexpensive yet very effective hand mask. A what? This hand mask is actually enclosed in a pair of disposable gloves. Think of it as a sheet mask for your face, but in glove form. And the results are GOOD! There are three types available, but I like the Aloe Vera Hand Mask for its intense moisturizing properties. BONUS! Put the gloves on and then use this (mentioned above).
8. Kiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask - This rich fash mask is SUPER refreshing AND soothing. It instantly boosts the skin’s ability to absorb and hold moisture for long-lasting hydration. I smooth it on before bed once or twice a week and leave it on while I sleep.
9. Moisturizing Gel Socks - Now, these socks may look funny, but they do so much good for my overly dry, cracked feet. I wear these moisturizing gel socks, which have little toes built right into them, for about 20-30 minutes a few times a week; my feet have literally changed. My scaly feet are no longer white and flaky but soft and smooth. I use Baby Foot once every three months or so and will still continue to do so, but this helps in between.
10. IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream - This is my ride or die night creams and nothing has ever done so much to hydrate my skin like this cream. I've tried others before and keep going back to this rich, super moisturizing cream. It just does IT for my skin. This cream is clinically tested to rejuvenate, repair, and restore skin for softer, smoother, younger-looking results. I have honestly gone through dozens of jars of this cream already and continually order it.
A press sample of the products featured have been provided for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links have been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.