This week, us ladies from Makeup Wars are taking on the challenge of creating a Halloween Manicure. I have to say that I was super excited about this post because I am a huge fan of nail art. Sadly, I am nail art challenged. Well, honestly, I am nail polish challenged. I haven't been able to give myself a decent manicure for years. Thank goodness for Gina who has been doing my nails for longer than I can remember so I don't have to leave the house without beautiful looking nails. So what's a nail challenged girl to do? She, meaning me, finds some great nail polish strips.
Now these are not just any nail strips; these are pre-designed Halloween nail polish strips that have me sporting the latest Halloween nail designs. These are the How Corny Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. They are definitely my favorite out of this years Halloween designs.
I like the silver glitter polish with yellow, orange and white candy corns.
What is so great about the nail polish strips is that they are so easy to use. They apply in a few simple steps and there is no dry time at all. You get everything you need to apply the nail strips in the little "kit". You get 16 Nail Polish Strips, a cuticle stick and a mini nail file and buffer.
To use the strips you first need a clean dry nail that is lightly buffed with the white side of the file. Then you follow the easy instructions:
- Select the best fitting strip for each nail.
- Remove the clear protective plastic cover.
- Peel the nail polish strip from the backing paper.
- Choose the side of the strip that best fits the shape of your cuticles. (I usually select the side opposite of the gray tab)
- Place the strip against the cuticle line, holding the strip in the center.
- Press the entire strip to the nail by gently stretching it for a perfect fit.
- Smooth it out with another finger.
- Gently file away the excess nail strip that overlaps outside of the nail.
To remove the nail strip, you simply use a normal nail polish remover as you would to remove regular nail polish.
The other designs I have are the Numbskull design, the Batty For You design, and the Patch-O-Lanterns, but I like the look of the candy corn designed How Corny designs the best.
Check out all the Halloween designs at your favorite drugstore or mass retailer. Each box of Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips sells for around $9.99 each.
Be sure to check out all the Halloween Manicure designs from my fellow Makeup Wars friends below.