Jennifer Lopez glowed at the 2012 Oscars. As she is a L’Oréal Paris spokesperson, her entire beauty look was created using most of their products. Of course, I have all the details, so keep on reading for how to get her glowing look.
Jennifer’s elegant up-do and glowing skin and makeup were inspired by the late 1960’s. Celebrity Hairstylist Lorenzo Martin kept her hairstyle simple and chic by creating a chignon bun placed high on the head. Jennifer’s makeup was also kept simple and chic – dewy skin with a dramatic winged cat eye – by Celebrity Makeup Artist Mary Phillips. A gorgeous gold and red-tipped nail was the final touch in Jennifer’s “Faye Dunaway”-inspired head-to-toe Oscars look.
Lorenzo Martin tended to her golden locks for the evening. He said, “The look I created for Jennifer was inspired by the 60's. I wanted a gorgeous hairstyle that defined the graceful refined sophistication of that time to complement Jennifer's beautiful dress.”
Step by Step How-To:
- First, Lorenzo sprayed L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Root Lifting Spray at the roots of Jennifer’s clean, damp hair to add extra volume before blow-drying it with a round medium-sized boar bristle brush.
- After Jennifer’s hair was completely dry, Lorenzo distributed a dime-sized amount of L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Strong Hold Defining Gel evenly throughout her hair.
- Next, he pulled her hair into a high ponytail, securing it with a metal-free elastic rubber band.
- From there, Lorenzo split the ponytail into four different sections and teased each one. Once all four pieces were teased, he sprayed her hair with L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hairspray.
- Next, Lorenzo took one of the four sections and looped the piece into the ponytail, securing it into place with bobby pins. He followed this step with the three other sections of hair – pinning each one in different directions (front, back and side to side) to create a complete bun.
- To ensure there were no loose hairs or flyways and to maintain a sleek look, he added a bit of L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Smooth & Shine Serum.
- Lastly, to finish off this effortless yet elegant style, he used L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hairspray lightly around all the hair.
- L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Volume Root Lifting Spray ($6.99)
- L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Strong Hold Defining Gel ($6.99
- L’Oréal Paris EverStyle Smooth & Shine Serum ($6.99)
- L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Unscented Hairspray ($14.99)
Mary Phillips did Jennifer's makeup.
- FACE – First, Mary highlighted Jennifer’s natural glow by mixing L’Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup in Sun Beige ($10.95) with LaMer The Reparative Body Lotion ($180) to create a dewy but even and smooth canvas
- CHEEKS – Mary dabbed L’Oreal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Cherubic on her cheeks for a subtle flush of color ($12.95)
- EYESHADOW – Mary used two shadows to achieve Jennifer’s sultry eye: L’Oreal Paris Infallible 24H Eye Shadow in Eternal Black and Iced Latte ($7.95 each)
- EYELINER – Mary created a winged cat eye with L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in Brown ($8.95)
- MASCARA – Mary completed the high drama effect of the eye with two coats of L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara in Carbon Black ($8.95)
- LIPS – Jennifer’s lip color was the final glamorous touch; L’Oreal Paris Infallible 8HR Le Gloss in Coral sands ($9.99)
For her nails, Celebrity Manicurist Tom Bachik created the look.
Tom said, “Jennifer Lopez's Oscar's look was all about 60’s glamour with a modern interpretation ... so it was important her nail look matched this overall feel and aesthetic. Jennifer loved the delicate shade of ‘Because You're Worth It’ - we were excited to try something a bit more modern for the red carpet and create a nail look that could transition throughout the night, as she has a couple of wardrobe changes. We drew inspiration for Jennifer's nail look from not only her red carpet gown, but also her makeup."
Step by Step How-To:
- First, Tom shaped her nails into a classic almond shape, but gave them a slight unexpected point at the tip for a modern take.
- He then painted a sheer coat of L'Oreal Paris' Colour Riche Nail Polish in "Because You're Worth It" (a gorgeous warm, champagne gold shade - #580) before gilding the tips of her nails (in a V shape) in Colour Riche Nail Polish in Haute Couture Red (#470) - a vampy, burgundy wine hue.
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in "Because You're Worth It" – #580 in the "Iconic Muse" collection ($5.99)
- L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Nail Polish in "Haute Couture Red" – #470 in the "Femme Fatale collection ($5.99)
L’Oréal Paris products are sold at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide.
About the author: A savvy beauty expert, Teri Cosenzi is the creator of beautifulmakeupsearch.com. As a busy Mom to four, she is committed to finding makeup and skincare that simply works and works well. For 12 years, she has brought the latest and greatest in makeup and beauty news, reviews and beauty tips to the web. Teri lives, dreams and blogs beauty!
A press sample of the product featured may have been provided by brand or brand representative for editorial consideration. All opinions are my own. Affiliate links may have also been used in the post. Please see disclosure policy for complete information.
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Beautiful Makeup Search. Subscribe to our newsletter!